Join Hoffmann Filter today and become one of our passionate and dedicated team members.
Compensation: Negotiable and competitive, based on qualifications and achievements
Hoffmann Filter Corporation, a leading manufacturer of industrial coolant filtration systems, is currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician to help our company deliver the top-notch customer service we have staked our reputation on. Our ideal candidate will be highly-motivated, enjoys interacting with customers, vendors, and co-workers, and also is able to maintain a level head in high-pressure situations.
As an employer, we at Hoffmann recognize that our employees are the key to our success, so we do our best to foster the best work environment possible for them. This means offering a large and flexible bank of PTO, building a team of colleagues that genuinely enjoy working together, and offering flexibility with scheduling whenever possible.
· Provide service and technical support for our filtration systems via email, video conferencing, and phone calls. Should be able to troubleshoot any problems with equipment function and be able to assist the customer with finding the fastest way to get up and running again.
· Manage on site installation, start-up, testing, training, and overhaul of Hoffmann Filter filtration systems.
· Follow both Hoffmann and customer-driven safety procedures and protocols.
· Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layouts, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating on-site work as necessary with customers and end users.
· Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining customer/job files.
· Produce timely and detailed service reports.
· Maintains a professional presence on-site while building a positive relationship with each customer.
· Must be available for after hours or on call for weekend work on a rotational basis.
· Demonstrate effective organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, have an acute attention to detail, the ability to receive direction, and be a high energy team player with the ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
· Work with engineers to improve serviceability and maintainability of filtration systems.
· Assist sales with spare parts quotes so that customers get the correct parts for their machines.
· Other duties as required.
· Two (2) year associate degree or equivalent from an accredited college, trade, or technical school in Industrial HVAC or related field.
· 5 years +/- related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have knowledge of electrical and mechanical schematics, flow diagrams, pneumatic and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding/brazing, basic mechanical skills.
· Basic knowledge of Siemens S7 and/or PLC controls programming preferred.
· Experience with control panels and wiring of industrial systems.
· Travel up to 75% of the time.
· HVAC Certification preferred.
· Spanish fluency preferred.
· Mechanical/Machinery maintenance experience preferred.
About Hoffmann Filter Corporation:
Hoffmann Filter Corporation was founded in 1984 when Georg Hoffmann decided to expand his German filtration company, Hoffmann Maschinen-und Apparatebau, in the United States. With the quick success of Hoffmann Filter Corporation as a sales office in Novi, MI, we began manufacturing Precoat Filters in 1985. The product line continued to grow, and Hoffmann Filter moved to a larger facility in Wixom, MI. However, the rising popularity of Hoffmann filters in the United States caused the company to outgrow the facility in only five years, and so in late 1996, Hoffmann Filter moved to Brighton, MI where we are currently headquartered. Today, thousands of filters later, Hoffmann Filter Corporation has plenty of room to manufacture top-quality filters. Our facility now boasts 45,000 square feet of manufacturing space that allows us to continuously push our limits in filter production.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton, MI 48116: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Schematics: 1 year (Required)
- Programmable logic controllers: 1 year (Required)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Required)